Current Opportunity: Marketing Coordinator
In this position, you will coordinate and execute the firm's marketing plan and work closely with the firm's lawyers and external vendors to create the number of prospective clients needed to hit the firm's gross revenue goals within the budget of the marketing department.
Key competencies include superior communication skills, attention to detail, organizational skills, prioritization, an understanding of marketing, advertising, networking, and Internet marketing (including the ability to execute social media marketing plans, YouTube and reputation management). Must have the ability to work successfully in a fast-paced work environment and meet deadlines with "no drama."
Your responsibilities may include:
- Executing and coordinating activities related to the firm's online presence, including reputation management, website updates, social media, YouTube, directory listings and PPC
- Assisting with editing submitted copy, rewriting and developing copy as necessary for appropriate style, grammar, spelling, punctuation and length using the firm's style guidelines
- Assisting with proofing process, incorporating suggestions and edits to ensure marketing information is accurate, consistent, and meets strategic goals
- Managing the firm's systems for sending out direct mail like holiday cards, client satisfaction surveys, monthly newsletters, thank you cards, etc.
- Contacting organizations to schedule speaking engagements for the firm's lawyers
- Serving as "back of the room" support at speaking engagements for the firm's lawyers
- Contacting potential new referral sources to schedule marketing call meetings for the firm's lawyers
- Operating a referral marketing system called "Team 100"
- Operating post-matter follow-up systems once a client's matter is closed to nurture past client relationships causing more new referrals and new matters from the firm's client base
- Coordinating live events/seminars/open houses/client or referral source appreciation receptions, including following action plans for the event, being sure lawyers are scheduled and prepared for the event, coordinating the invitation and RSVP lists, marketing materials, coordinating registrations, setting up tables and/or a booth at resource events or trade shows, etc.
- Coordinating with writers on monthly mailed and digital newsletters as well as ensuring the newsletter is sent on time
- Attending local networking events to identify potential referral sources
- Working in conjunction with the firm's lawyers, independent contractors and vendors on project schedules and making necessary adjustments and communicating changes to the firm's lawyers
- Coordinating daily and weekly with team members to ensure all marketing project deadlines are met
- Maintaining an inventory of marketing materials
- Suggesting and on occasion delivering gifts to referral sources and clients
- Coordinating any advertising that the firm may place
- Keeping the firm's lawyers focused on and prepared for their assigned marketing activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven experience as a marketing coordinator or marketing assistant
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or communications preferred
- Strong phone skills are required
- Strong computer skills are required and include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email marketing software, CRMs and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Internet marketing skills, including the ability to execute the firm's social media strategy on Facebook, Twitter, Google + and LinkedIn, YouTube and website content management
- Must have attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a positive manner with a variety of personnel in a team environment and one on one
- Superior customer service skills and a demonstrated willingness to go above and beyond in delivering exceptional service
- Ability to work independently
- A "no drama" personality
Interested candidates should send their resume, cover letter and academic transcripts in confidence to Christopher Heer.
Hiring ContactChristopher Heer
Email: [email protected]