Are you a creative and driven marketer with strong organizational skills and an entrepreneurial attitude? Do you have experience in digital marketing at a small- or medium-sized business? Are you highly detail-oriented with strong written and oral English language skills and value high levels of professionalism? If so, then this position is for you!
Heer Law is a fast-growing boutique intellectual property law firm located in downtown Toronto. The firm has experienced average annual revenue growth of 67% over the past four years and anticipates that the firm will again double over the next two years. We are looking for a driven Marketing Coordinator to execute our marketing plan.
In this position, you will organize and execute the firm’s marketing plan with a focus on the digital marketing aspects as well as work closely with the firm’s lawyers and external vendors to create the number of prospective clients needed to hit the firm’s gross revenue goals within the budget of the marketing department.
Key competencies include superior communication skills, attention to detail, organizational skills, the ability to prioritize, an understanding of marketing, advertising, networking, and digital marketing including SEO, website analytics, PPC, social media marketing plans and reputation management. Must have the ability to work successfully in a fast-paced work environment and meet deadlines.
- Executing and coordinating activities related to the firm’s online presence, including reputation management, website updates, social media, YouTube, SEO, website analytics, directory listings, PPC, driving website traffic and acquiring leads
- Assisting with editing submitted copy, rewriting and developing copy as necessary for appropriate style, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and length using the firm’s style guidelines
- Assisting with proofing process incorporating suggestions and edits to ensure marketing information is accurate, consistent, and meets strategic goals
- Managing the firm’s systems for sending out direct mail like holiday cards, client satisfaction surveys, monthly newsletters, thank you cards, etc.
- Contacting organizations to schedule speaking engagements for the firm’s lawyers
- Serving as “back of the room” support at speaking engagements for the firm’s lawyers
- Contacting potential new referral sources to schedule marketing call meetings for the firm’s lawyers
- Operating a referral marketing system
- Researching and coordinating submissions to law firm and lawyer ranking guides, surveys and awards
- Operating post-matter follow-up systems once a client’s matter is closed to nurture past client relationships causing more new referrals and new matters from the firm’s client base
- Coordinating live events/seminars/open houses/client or referral source appreciation receptions, including following action plans for the event, being sure lawyers are scheduled and prepared for the event, coordinating the invitation and RSVP lists, marketing materials, coordinating registrations, setting up tables and/or a booth at resource events or trade shows etc.
- Coordinating with writers on monthly mailed and digital newsletters as well as ensuring the newsletter is sent on time
- Attending local networking events to identify potential referral sources
- Working in conjunction with the firm’s lawyers, independent contractors and vendors on project schedules and making necessary adjustments and communicating changes to the firm’s lawyers
- Coordinating daily and weekly with team members to ensure all marketing project deadlines are met
- Maintaining an inventory of marketing materials
- Coordinating any advertising that the firm may place
- Keeping the firm’s lawyers focused on and prepared for their assigned marketing activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven experience as a digital marketing coordinator or digital marketing assistant at a small- or medium-sized business
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or communications preferred
- Strong computer skills are required and include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email marketing software, CRMs and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Digital marketing skills, including the ability to execute the firm’s social media strategy on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, YouTube, website content management, website analytics and SEO
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop for resizing images and text editing
- Must have attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and on a team in a fast-paced environment
Send a cover letter and resume in pdf format to Daniel Fugard with a subject line of “Marketing Coordinator: Reference No. 1010A”.
Hiring ContactDaniel Fugard
Email: [email protected]