Current Opportunity: Patent Lawyer
The ideal candidate will be a patent lawyer with 1 to 5 years of post-call experience in patent drafting and prosecution that includes drafting applications for computer-related technologies. Qualification as a registered patent agent is an asset.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and filing provisional and non-provisional patent applications in a variety of technology areas with the greatest proportion being in computer-related technologies
- Reporting and responding to office actions in patent applications before the USPTO and CIPO
- Preparing patentability assessments and conducting patent searches
- Preparing intellectual property agreements such as assignments and licenses
- Conducting in-person and phone consultations regarding intellectual property issues
- Taking phone calls and responding to emails from potential new clients
- Involvement in the firm's marketing activities and firm administration decisions
This opening is ideal for someone seeking a new position in private practice but with more client contact and greater opportunities for advancement and professional growth. Compensation includes a base salary reviewed quarterly and a quarterly bonus, both of which are based on financial performance and contribution to firm-building activities.
Interested candidates should send their resume, cover letter and academic transcripts in confidence to Christopher Heer. Applicants to previous openings at the firm are encouraged to reapply.
Established in 2014, Heer Law is a dynamic small intellectual property law firm with a preeminent focus on the business value of intellectual property. We are one of the fastest-growing small law firms in Canada and have maintained an over 45% annual growth rate every year since inception.We specialize in representing direct clients, most of whom are in Canada and the United States, as opposed to foreign associate work. We practice in all areas of intellectual property and intellectual property litigation, including representing Canadian clients before the United States Patent and Trademark Office in patent, trademark and design patent matters.
Hiring ContactChristopher Heer
Email: [email protected]