Current Opportunity: Patent Lawyer and/or Patent Agent
The ideal candidate will be a patent lawyer and/or patent agent with 2 to 5 years of experience in patent drafting and prosecution with a focus on drafting applications for computer-related technologies.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and filing provisional and non-provisional patent applications in a variety of technology areas with the greatest proportion being in computer-related technologies
- Reporting and responding to office actions in patent applications before the USPTO and CIPO
- Preparing patentability assessments and conducting patent searches
- Preparing intellectual property agreements such as assignments and licenses
- Conducting in-person and phone consultations regarding patent and industrial design/design patent issues
- Taking phone calls and responding to emails from potential new clients
- Involvement in the firm's marketing activities and firm administration decisions
The firm attracts a large number of prospective clients (100 per month on average) and we want qualified professionals who want to help them. This opening is ideal for someone seeking a new position in private practice but with more client contact and greater opportunities for advancement and professional growth. Compensation includes a base salary reviewed quarterly and a quarterly bonus, both of which are based on financial performance and contribution to firm-building activities.
Interested candidates are invited to contact Christopher Heer in confidence.
About Heer Law:
Established in 2014, Heer Law is a dynamic small intellectual property law firm with a preeminent focus on the business value of intellectual property. We are one of the fastest-growing small law firms in Canada and have maintained an over 45% annual growth rate every year since inception.
We specialize in representing direct clients, most of whom are in Canada and the United States, as opposed to foreign associate work. We practice in all areas of intellectual property and intellectual property litigation, including representing Canadian clients before the United States Patent and Trademark Office in patent, trademark and design patent matters.
Hiring ContactChristopher Heer
Email: [email protected]