Registered Patent Agent (Computer-Related Technologies)
Heer Law specializes in providing intellectual property law, intellectual property litigation, patent agent and trademark agent services. We are a fast-growing boutique intellectual property law firm located in downtown Toronto. The firm has experienced average annual revenue growth of 67% over the past four years and anticipates that the firm will again double over the next two years.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to work remotely from another province or at our Toronto downtown office with a flexible work schedule and comfortable atmosphere.
The ideal candidate will be a registered patent agent in Canada and the United States with ideally 5+ years of experience in drafting and prosecuting patent applications for computer-related technologies.
- Preparing and filing provisional and non-provisional patent applications in a variety of technology areas with the greatest proportion being in computer-related technologies
- Reporting and responding to office actions in patent applications before the USPTO and CIPO
- Preparing patentability assessments and conducting patent searches
- Conducting in-person and phone consultations regarding intellectual property issues
- Taking phone calls and responding to emails from potential new clients
- Involvement in the firm's marketing activities
- Ideally 5+ years of experience in patent drafting and prosecution including a substantial portion relating to computer-related technologies
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Sciences or similar field required
- Registration as a Patent Agent in Canada and the United States (for Canadian applicants)
- Law degree is considered an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Send a cover letter and resume in pdf format to Daniel Fugard with a subject line of “Registered Patent Agent: Reference No. 1011A”.
Hiring ContactDaniel Fugard
Email: [email protected]